Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Isle Cards


For mother’s day this year I was lucky enough o have two mothers to make beautiful cards for. They are both isle cards which means they stand up like and artists isle.


The blue card uses the butterfly from the Strength and Hope” set in the Summer Mini. I first inked the stamp with Versa Mark and the inked it in the Pear Pizzaz and rolled in Not Quite Navy before stamping. That is a total of three inks on one stamp all at once. I then stamped it onto vanilla cardstock and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice EP.  To make my life easy I cut the antennae off and replaced them with floral stems, added pearls from the Basic Pearls pack and viola! Beautiful shimmery butterflies.

The Pink card uses a stamp from The Greeting Farm, which I colored with copic markers. Both cards use paper from the Occasions Mini called “Springtime Vintage.” The roses were so easy to make.  I will have to post a tutorial on that soon.

0 comments: